AUDITIONS FOR WCCT’S PRODUCTION OF “THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK” WILL BE HELD DECEMBER 10 AT 3PM AND DECEMBER 11 AT 6:30 PM. THERE ARE ROLES FOR 2 TEEN FEMALES, 1 TEEN MALE, 3 ADULT FEMAILES AND 4 ADULT MALES. THE PLAY WAS ADAPTED BY FRANCIS GOODRICH & ALBERT HACKETT. IT WILL BE DIRECTED BY ANNE BLANKENSHIP. SHOW DATES ARE FEBRUARY 2-4 & 9-11, 2024.
WCCT welcomes veteran and new actors to audition for its productions. Dates and times are announced on the website, Facebook and area media.
Try-outs usually consist of cold readings of scenes from the script. Auditions for musicals include group and individual singing and simple dance steps. Improv may also be used.
Tips for Auditioning
- Your audition begins the moment you walk in the door.
- Be on time or even 15 minutes early to complete paperwork and to relax and focus while you wait.
- Wear neat, clean clothing that is comfortable and allows movement. Your shoes that stay on your feet and are easy to move in quietly. No flip-flops, Crocs, high heels, boots, etc. please. Don’t come in costume.
- It’s OK to be nervous.
- Be sure you are going to be available for all rehearsals and performances. Let us know of any conflicts you may have with the rehearsal schedule.
- Callbacks may be necessary to put together the right cast.